The following information are therefore out of date !
Current Position: Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics,
Department of Mathematics, Shiraz University of Technology, Shiraz, Iran
Ph.D.: Applied Mathematics (Numerical Analysis), Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran, 2006-2010.
M.Sc.: Applied Mathematics (Numerical Analysis), Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran, 2004-2006.
B.Sc.: Applied Mathematics, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 2000-2004.
Member of the Editorial Board of "Abstract and Applied Analysis" (Feb. 2012- Feb. 2014)
Persian (native), English (fuent), German (basic: Grundstufe 8)
Guest Scientist, Scientific Computing Group, Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal, Germany, June 24 - August 31, 2012.
Guest Scientist, Scientific Computing Group, Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal, Germany, June 1 - July 31, 2011.
Visiting Researcher, Scientific Computing Group, Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal, Germany, September 2008 - June 2009.
Visiting Researcher, Department of Applied Mathematics, Waseda University, Project "Establishment of Foundations of Verified Numerical Computations for Nonlinear System and Error-free Algorithms in Computational Engineering'', Tokyo, Japan, March 9-14, 2014.
Visiting Researcher, Scientific Computing Group, Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal, Germany, June 19-24, 2010.
Referee for the following international journals:
SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics,
Japan Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Applied Mathematical Modelling,International Journal of Computer Mathematics, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, Information Sciences, Soft Computing, Iranian Journal of Fuzzy Systems.
AWARDS & GRANTS
DAAD Scholarship A/12/06039: Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists, 2012.
Non-Resident Researcher Scholarship (No. 91650055) from the School of
Mathematics, Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM), Tehran, Iran, Sep. 2012 - Sep. 2013.
Ph.D. Grant from Shiraz University of Technology, 2006-2010.
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) Scholarship for attending Gene Golub SIAM summer school on Numerical Linear Algebra, Brindisi, Italy, June 7-18, 2010. http://www.ba.cnr.it/ISSNLA2010/Participants.htm
Volkswagen Foundation Scholarship (VolkswagenStiftung) for attending the 1st Elgersburg School on Mathematical System Theory organized by TU Ilmenau, Elgersburg, Germany, March 29-April 4, 2009.
Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal Scholarship covering travel and local accommodation expenses for doing a guest scientist program, Wuppertal, Germany, June-July 2011.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Member of the Iranian Mathematical Society, 2010 to date.
M.SC. STUDENTS SUPERVISED
Mahtab Mirzaei Khalilabadi, Sep. 2011 - Sep. 2013.
Hanieh Tavakolipour, Sep. 2012 - Aug. 2014.
Mahsa Nasrollahi Shirazi, Sep. 2013 to date.
PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL PAPERS
- (with A. Frommer and T. Sablik), Computing enclosures for the inverse square root and the sign function of a matrix, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Accepted for publication in the special issue on "Matrix Functions", Nov. 29, 2013.
- (with H. Tavakolipour and M. Nasrollahi Shirazi), Comparison of the quasi-inverses of the Kronecker sum and product of matrices over complete commutative dioids with applications, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 448 (2014) 22-36.
- (with M. Mirzaei Khalilabadi and H. Tavakolipour), A cubic time algorithm for finding the principal solution to Sylvester matrix equations over (max; +), Linear and Multilinear Algebra, Accepted for publication, Oct. 26, 2013.
- (with H. Tavakolipour), A non-induced interval matrix norm, Reliable Computing 18 (2013) 144-146.
- (with A. Frommer), Verified stability analysis using the Lyapunov matrix equation, Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis 40 (2013) 187-203. Preprint available as technical report BUW-IMACM 12/18, http://www.imacm.uni-wuppertal.de/imacm/research/preprints/2012.html
- (with A. Frommer), Verified error bounds for solutions of Sylvester matrix equations, Linear Algebra and its Applications 436 (2012) 405-420. Preprint available as technical report BUW-SC 10/03, Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal. www-ai.math.uni-wuppertal.de/SciComp/preprints/SC1003.pdf
- (with M. Dehghan), Efficient computation of enclosures for the exact solvents of a quadratic matrix equation, Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra 20 (2010) 519-536.
- (with A. Frommer), Verified computation of square roots of a matrix, SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications 31 (2009) 1279-1302. Preprint available as technical report BUW-SC 09/2, Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal. www-ai.math.uni-wuppertal.de/SciComp/preprints/SC0902.pdf
- (with M. Dehghan), Determination of the degrees of P-property and nonnegative invertibility for a fuzzy matrix, International Journal of Approximate Reasoning 46
- (with H. Tavakolipour), On the norms of interval matrices, Invited talk in the 7th CREST-SBM international conference, Japan SIAM, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, March 19-20, 2014. http://chaosken.amp.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/jsiam2014spring/program.html#320-51
- (with A. Frommer and T. Sablik), Verified computation of inverse square root and the sign functions of a matrix, Invited talk in the International Workshop on Numerical Verification and its Applications 2014, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan, March 15-17, 2014. www.oishi.info.waseda.ac.jp/~inva2014/INVA2014/Home.html
- (with A. Frommer and T. Sablik), Componentwise verified forward error bounds for approximate inverse square roots of a matrix, Invited talk in the 4th Iranian Conference on Numerical Analysis and its Applications, Khansar University, Khansar, Iran, May 8-9, 2013. http://www.4thcna.ir
M.L. Overton, Numerical Computing with IEEE Floating Point Arithmetic, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, PA, 2001. Translation to Persian, to be published by Sharif University Press in 2014.